Thursday, November 11, 2010

Time Change Blues

i have self-diagnosed SAD. seasonal affective disorder. when the days get shorter i feel sad.

daylight wasting time makes it darker one hour sooner. why oh why, i wail. so last year i refused.
i did not change my clocks. bad enough it gets dark at six, but five? hell no.
march to the beat of a different drummer, don't let the man get you down, etc etc.

also, when i get up i turn on the lights in every room. i know i know. it's environmentally unfriendly.
but by doing so i figure i keep several hundred empty plastic anti-depressant bottles over the course of my lifetime out of the landfill. it uses petroleum to make plastic, after all.

besides, anti-depressants can cause suicidal feelings. a side effect. hmm.

so how do you, my friends, cope with the time change, the blues, winter doldrums, the man? any hints or tips?

9 comments:

AngelStar said...

don't forget sunlight! it has vitamin D.

martinealison said...

Ma chère Angel, Bienvenue au club...J'ai l'impression en te lisant de lire ce que j'aurais pu dire aussi... C'est terrible et plus les années passe et plus je ressens ce mal-être ... A l'atelier je m'enferme j'allume des petites bougies partout avec de l'encens... j'ai l'impression de mourir lentement et que le poids de ces automnes et de ces hivers me consument inépuisablement... Bisous

Ralph said...

I get up at the same time as always get ready to run and as soon as the first crack of daylight appears at my window I am out the door and off. I do not even wait to check what the weather is like .

Jerry Carlin said...

Well we know that Daylight savings time, offering an extra hour of sunshine, is responsible for globle warming! I laugh a lot, appreciate the absurdity of it all and pretty much do whatever I want. I threw my watch away a year ago!

AngelStar said...

merci, martine. bisous
yes Ralph! daylight! ignore the weather!
stonepost, great attitude...
thanks all

martinealison said...

Merci ma chère Angel pour ce gentil petit poème... Bisous

AngelStar said...

you're welcome, martine...Bisous

Anonymous said...

Well, it doesn't make much of a difference here in India. But in a way it does to the people who work in outsourcing firms. Some of my pals complain of having to go to work an hour late, which in turn means coming back from work an hour late:/

AngelStar said...

thanks, Nehha!